Participate Awarded ISTE’s Seal of Alignment for Proficiency
Technology has made our world more interconnected than ever, which is why students must learn how to use digital tools in appropriate ways. Before we can develop students’ digital literacy, we must first equip teachers with the tools they need to create authentic learning experiences in their classrooms.
Participate helps teachers to incorporate meaningful technology use through online professional development courses, which is why we were thrilled to be awarded an updated ISTE Seal of Alignment for Proficiency according to the new 2017 ISTE Standards for Educators.
The new standards reflect the increasingly important role technology plays in teaching and facilitating collaborative learning.
Participate courses are some of the first resources to be aligned to these new standards. By earning ISTE’s Seal of Alignment, Participate professional development courses have become among the first resources verified by ISTE to:
- Promote critical technology skills.
- Support the use of technology in appropriate ways.
- Contribute to the pedagogically robust use of technology for teaching and learning.
“Participate is a valuable professional development resource that leverages technology to provide teachers with meaningful global learning opportunities aligned to the ISTE Standards for Educators,” said Mindy Frisbee, ISTE Director of Alignment “By earning an ISTE Seal of Alignment, Participate has demonstrated their commitment to high-quality pedagogy and the power of technology to foster cross-cultural understanding.”
Participate is a sister company to Participate Learning, your partner in implementing global education for K-12 schools. We are committed to empowering educators to expand opportunities for their students.
- Ambassador Program: Place an experienced visiting international teacher from one of 30+ countries in your school
- Bilingual Program: Prepare your students for a global future with dual language immersion in either Spanish or Mandarin
- Global Program: Enhance your curriculum and improve student achievement with global concepts