About Participate Learning
The leaders in global education
Today’s students need access to education that prepares them for college, career, and life in a globally connected world.
Participate Learning is your partner in implementing global education for K-12 schools. We are committed to empowering educators to expand opportunities for their students. As a B Corporation, we do good for students, schools, and communities.
Who are we and what do we do at Participate Learning?
We’re passionate about global learning. Many of us are former teachers, principals, or school district leaders. All of us believe in equitable access to quality education.
We’re proud to support schools and districts as they develop open-minded and curious citizens; future leaders who have the cultural awareness, creative thinking and problem-solving skills to both compete and collaborate in a global marketplace.
Our vision is to develop global citizenship among today’s students and tomorrow’s leaders. Our mission is to ensure equitable and inclusive access to a globally focused education.
To drive our mission forward, Participate Learning offers programs for:
- Language acquisition and language immersion programs
- Global learning and 21st century competencies
- Visiting international teachers
In 2019, we spun off our professional development platform and committed to focus on what has been our mission for over 30 years: promoting global learning and understanding of an increasingly interconnected world.
As Participate Learning, we are proud to serve nearly 22,000 students, 1,100 visiting international teachers, and 3,000 local educators in 423 schools across the country—and we aim to support even more.
- 1987: Participate, formerly known as Visiting International Faculty and later VIF International Education, was founded to celebrate and promote the value of international perspectives in U.S. education.
- 1990s: We placed and supported thousands of international K-12 teachers in U.S. classrooms, and have since become one of the largest U.S. Department of State Exchange Visitor Program sponsors in the teacher category.
- Early 2000s: We began to use our expertise to create additional global education and language acquisition programs.
- 2010s: Teachers in our programs gained more support and connection through the use of our online, collaborative professional development platform.
- 2017: VIF International Education changed its company name to Participate in order to more accurately reflect our current programs and services, today and in the years to come.
- 2019: Participate divided into two companies, Participate Learning and Participate Inc.
Always learning, always growing
Every moment in the past 30 years has served as a learning opportunity for us. As we learn and grow, we can do more to support teachers, school leaders, and students. Participate Learning is now an established resource for global education.
Our development hasn’t gone unnoticed. Awards won by the company include:
- Seven-time winner of B Corp’s “Best for the World” (2013-2019)
- Real Leaders Top Impact Companies list for 2019 and 2020
Join our mission
- Ambassador Program: Place an experienced visiting international teacher from one of 30+ countries in your school.
- Bilingual Program: Prepare your students for a global future with dual language immersion in either Spanish or Mandarin
- Global Program: Enhance your curriculum and improve student achievement with global concepts.
If you’re interested in working for Participate Learning, check out open positions on our Careers page.
Or, if you’re an international teacher who would like to teach in the USA, start by learning more about the process and how we support you.
Not one of the above and still need more info about Participate Learning? Contact us.