Teacher Support and Benefits
Expanding young minds. Building global connections.
We’re here for our teachers.
Ongoing teacher support and professional development is the basis of the Participate Learning teacher experience. We support you every step of the way with documentation, applications, and other necessities. We’ll even meet you at the airport! Keep reading for more details.
Our Ambassador Teachers cite high satisfaction. We found that:
98% of program participants feel like teaching with Participate Learning has had a positive impact on their careers.
98% of participants agree that they value diversity and understand that there is much to learn from people with different perspectives.
93% of program participants feel proud to be an Ambassador Teacher with Participate Learning.
Ambassador Teacher Annual Program Review
We want you to get the most out of your stay. Ambassador Teachers with Participate Learning receive:
- A full-time teaching position
- J visa sponsorship for you and your family
- A competitive salary
- Holidays and school vacation periods
- Assistance acquiring a U.S. teaching license
- Free international credential evaluation
- Airfare to the United States
- Subsidized health insurance
- Optional dental insurance
- Free life insurance
Once accepted into the program, our support includes:
- Guidance through visa application process
- Online pre-departure orientation and trainings
- Financial guidance and logistical assistance for moving abroad
- Orientation upon your arrival in the U.S.
- A conference for first-year teachers
- Regular check-ins with Participate Learning staff and 24/7 emergency support
- An assigned veteran Ambassador Teacher who serves as a local adviser
- Continued online and in-person instructional support
We’ve had more than 35 years to refine our process and perfect the support we offer to teachers. Participate Learning staff will welcome you at the airport and provide guidance throughout your stay.
Ambassador Teachers with Participate Learning have access to a variety of professional development (PD) opportunities. These include:
- Access to an online professional learning platform
- Courses that support global competence
- Continuous access to global classroom resources
- Inclusion in the worldwide community of alumni and global educators
- Collaboration with a multinational cohort of educators who foster a sense of belonging and connection to the world
When you teach with Participate Learning, you aren’t just enriching students. You also empower yourself.
It has been probably the most rewarding part of my career so far. I’ve been pushed and stretched out of my comfort zone more than I’d admit … but I’ve been so well supported and helped along the way and I feel like I’ve grown so much as a teacher.”
For anyone that’s ready to take their teaching to another level, to experience a new setting, and experience a few challenges along the way, I think Participate Learning is definitely the way to go.”
Participate Learning has allowed me to be open minded to the new ways of learning how to adapt to education in our different environments.”