Promote cultural understanding while strengthening student outcomes.
Why Host an Ambassador Teacher?
The more knowledgeable children become about the world and its cultures, languages, and people, the more prepared they will be to lead and thrive in the global marketplace. In the 21st century, the world stays connected in real time. Students need to be prepared to interact with people from all over the world and to approach diverse situations with curiosity, confidence, and empathy for others.
About Our Ambassador Teachers
Our teachers are ambassadors of their heritage and culture, and travel from all corners of the world to take part in meaningful exchange in U.S. classrooms. They are curious, passionate educators who are driven to seek out challenges.
As the largest designated exchange visitor sponsor in the teacher category, we partner with schools to connect international teachers from 30+ countries to opportunities in 3 states. International teachers provide authentic learning experiences for the students they teach. By hosting an international teacher, you open the door to greater global competency among your students and community.
Unrivaled support for teachers
Participate Learning supports all Ambassador Teachers by providing them with:
- Guided, pre-arrival virtual training
- Travel to the U.S.
- Arrival Orientation focused on logistics, best practices, and cultural adjustments
- Support network of experienced Ambassador Teachers
- 24/7 phone, email, and online support from Participate Learning staff
- Annual conference for new exchange teachers to learn, connect, and share
- Ongoing programmatic support in the areas of cultural experiences, connections, leadership and learning to assist exchange teachers in meeting their professional and personal goals
- Digital credentials that document and recognize teachers for their efforts within the Participate Learning Network, as well as in their schools, districts, and communities
- Integration of global competencies, global citizenship, and other aspects of our Global Leaders framework into teacher professional development, resource, and support
- Collaborative online community that connects teachers and provides them with practical resources, ongoing professional development, discussions, and time-bound support
Benefits for our partners
Participate Learning is a designated sponsor of the U.S. Department of State Exchange Visitor Program in the teacher category. The Exchange Visitor Program, now known as BridgeUSA, was created as part of the Mutual Educational and Cultural Exchange Act of 1961 (The Fulbright-Hays Act) to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and other countries through educational and cultural exchange.
Since 1987, we have hosted over 17,000 BridgeUSA teachers who traveled to the U.S. to absorb American culture and values while sharing those of their home country.
A rigorous teacher recruitment process
Host administrator support
Cultural exchange with purpose
Ambassador Teacher Impact
Ambassador Teachers play an integral role in supporting schools to create global, cultural, and language connections that empower students and educators to positively impact the world. Hear directly from some of our partners about the impact of partnering with Participate Learning for international teachers.
Our students are exposed to culture and differences of people around the world … Our students deserve that, they deserve to know about cultures all over the world and be appreciative of those cultures, and we see that happening in our building every day.”
I have had tremendous success with international teachers over the past 10 years … Our students have consistently “MET” and “EXCEEDED” state expectations on end-of-grade assessments (in part) due to the dedication of our international teachers.”
Words can not capture the difference the presence and influence an Ambassador Teacher has on the school and school community. It is amazing how intentional staffing can break down barriers and perceptions of other cultures. We are proud of our diverse teaching staff and all that it brings to flavor our environment!”
I was overjoyed to have the opportunity to bring a cultural ambassador from the Participate Learning program to my teaching staff in the fall. This teacher will serve as a role model for students and will expand their understanding of global concepts while students also focus on learning NC standards in a NC classroom … I am fortunate to be part of a very diverse school and was very excited to have someone joining our teaching staff that reflects the diversity seen in classrooms across the school.”
Partner with us
We can help you find a good match for your open teaching positions. Want more information or to speak to our team? Contact us using the form below.