Teacher Support and Benefits
Participate teachers receive J-1 visa sponsorship, full benefits, and ongoing support.
We’re here for our teachers.
Ongoing teacher support and professional development is the basis of the Participate teacher experience. We support you every step of the way with documentation, applications, and other necessities. We’ll even meet you at the airport! Keep reading for more details.
We want you get the most out of your stay. Participate teachers receive:
- A full-time teaching position
- J visa sponsorship for you and your family
- A competitive salary
- Holidays and school vacation periods
- Assistance acquiring a U.S. teaching license
- Free international credential evaluation
- Airfare to the United States
- Subsidized health insurance
- Optional dental insurance
- Free life insurance
We do everything possible to prepare and smooth your transition to life in the United States.
Once accepted into the program, our support includes:
- Guidance through visa application process
- Online pre-departure orientation and trainings
- Financial guidance and logistical assistance for moving abroad
- Orientation upon your arrival in the US
- A conference for first-year teachers
- Regular check-ins with Participate Learning staff and 24/7 emergency support
- An assigned veteran Participate teacher who serves as a local adviser
- Continued online and in-person instructional support
We’ve had more than 30 years to refine our process. Participate Learning staff will welcome you at the airport and provide guidance throughout your stay.
Participate teachers have access to a variety of professional development (PD) opportunities. These include:
- Access to an online professional learning platform
- Courses that support global competence
- Continuous access to global classroom resources
- Inclusion in the worldwide community of alumni and global educators
When you teach with Participate Learning, you aren’t just enriching students. You also empower yourself.
Fees and expenses
Teaching candidates do not have to pay any participation fees. However, you are responsible for relocation expenses, airfare for family members, and visa costs.
Once in the USA, you are responsible for your living and transportation expenses. For more details about relocation expenses and cost of living, visit our FAQ page.
In our 30-plus years of recruiting teachers, we’ve gathered a lot of information! Visit the links below to find out more about teaching with Participate Learning. You can also contact us via the blue chat icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
Ready to apply? View the application requirements to get started.
Teach in the USA
Each year, Participate Learning recruits hundreds of teachers for schools in the US. If you teach maths, science, language, or primary education, register your interest today.