With fluency in a second language, your child’s opportunities are endless.
Language immersion programs are exciting options for parents who want their children to experience a rigorous academic program while also learning two languages. Designed to offer students the opportunity to develop literacy in two languages, English and Mandarin, dual language programs offer students a dynamic environment where they can develop oral fluency, listening, reading, and writing skills across all elementary academic areas.
Language learning from native speakers
Our language immersion teachers are among the most highly qualified and experienced educators in the world. Many of our Mandarin ambassadors have teaching experience in international schools and bring their rich cultural knowledge to the classroom, so students are taught in an authentic language environment.
Mandarin immersion K-5
Dual language programs are exciting options for parents who want their children to experience a rigorous academic program while also learning two languages — English and a target language. For example, in a Mandarin Chinese dual language program, Mandarin is not a subject; Mandarin Chinese is the language in which instruction is delivered.
Advantages as a dual language student
- Bilingual and biliterate
- Increased cultural understanding
- Enhanced cognitive skills
- Improved self-esteem
- Proven performance on standardized tests
- Preparation for a global society and marketplace
“This is a terrific program and a wonderful opportunity for the children. The biggest benefit is not simply the acquisition of a second language, but the use of higher-order thinking skills.”
– Janet Mayers, Elon Elementary School parent
Bilingualism and fluency in multiple languages continue to be highly sought after skills in the U.S. job market. Students have the greatest chance to start learning a second language during early childhood when their brains are primed for language acquisition. To continue on the path to fluency, students must have a way to continue using their language skills beyond the elementary level and to bridge the gap between elementary immersion and language classes offered at the high school level.
(Mandarin in middle school)
Quan Qiu Hua
Participate Learning’s Quan Qiu Hua program cultivates global competencies that enable students to lead and thrive in the world community while ensuring growth in Chinese language proficiency.
Quan Qiu Hua supports post-immersion and heritage language learners as they transition out of elementary school and prepare for the rigors of middle school. Quan Qiu Hua actively builds global citizenship in students while ensuring student growth in Chinese proficiency throughout grades 6-8.
Language with a purpose
Quan Qiu Hua empowers students to use their language skills to communicate authentically, learn about different cultures, and make connections across disciplines and issues. Students master competencies by completing projects centered on the Sustainable Development Goals. By working on these projects in their local community and connecting with classrooms abroad, students are actively changing their future while gaining the necessary skills to become bilingual global leaders.
Benefits for middle school students
- Nurture growth across all four domains (speaking, writing, listening, and reading)
- Preparation for advanced Mandarin classes in high school
- Increase the likelihood of students becoming trilingual
- Exposure to native Mandarin speakers through virtual exchange opportunities
Benefits for program partners
- Access to resources and materials, including fully developed curriculum to continually challenge students as they progress
- Lessons aligned with the National Council for the Social Studies (NCSS) standards, ACTFL standards and Common Core ELA Standards
- Global school and dual language kits containing branded and instructional classroom materials
- Professional development for educators, including online Communities of Practice