Our Ambassador Teachers
For more than 30 years, Participate Learning has recruited and placed thousands of international teachers from 28 countries in US classrooms.
Participate Learning’s international teachers share their passion for global learning and other cultures with schools in the USA.
Our Ambassador Teachers bring their instructional expertise to US classrooms and play a meaningful role in cultural exchange and global learning. Teachers are carefully selected, ensuring every school is presented with qualified educatorsready to impact student achievement. Get the most of your Participate Learning Partnership program by including an international teacher.
Our teacher recruitment process includes:
- Evaluations conducted by an experienced team of admissions specialists
- Phone interviews and in-person assessments
- International credential evaluation
- Digital candidate portfolios and presentations
- J-1 visa sponsorship of up to 5 years
- Ongoing collaboration with state departments of education to ensure teachers maintain valid licensure
Let Participate Learning help you recruit
qualified educators for languages
and elementary school.
Ambassador Teacher support
Participate Learning offers every international teacher intensive, ongoing support and coaching. Careful school placement ensures satisfaction for both the ambassador and the school community.
Ambassador Teachers receive ongoing support to aid their transitions to their North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia schools and communities.
Participate Learning supports international teachers with:
- Guided, pre-arrival online training sessions
- Travel to the US
- Arrival orientation covering US teaching policies and cultural adjustments
- Support network of experienced ambassador teachers
- Annual conference for new ambassadors to learn and share practical classroom tips
- Ongoing online professional development
- 24/7 phone, email and online support from Participate Learning staff
Ambassador Teachers have access to professional development, lesson plans, resources and a community of global educators.
In Participate Learning’s 2017 Impact Report, Ambassador Teachers cited high program satisfaction due to:
- Positive school environment
- Professional growth
- Collaboration with colleagues
- Making a difference
As a result, our international teachers stay in the US an average of 4.1 years. They have a higher retention rate in North Carolina than teachers who come from other states.
For more information or to speak to our team, send us an email.
“My favorite part of teaching in the U.S. is the exposure to the various strategies and the collaboration with staff. It makes the transition a lot smoother. This is a new perspective on education for me. I feel like I am more equipped with strategies to cater to different students.”
Ambassador Teacher from Jamaica
Meet our local adviser of the yearLocal advisers support new international teachers as they adjust to life in the U.S...Read more
Meet our cultural exchange teachersIt’s back to school time and we’re welcoming new teachers to the U.S...!Read more
Engaging students with cultural eventsWith so many unique cultures in the world, there’s always a holiday...Read more
A day in the life of an ambassador teacherExplore a day at school for Participate teachers Joseph Edge and Aceneth CruzWatch here