Each month, we look forward to learning more about what our Ambassador Teacher Alumni community members are up to. This month, we caught up with alumna Anny H., originally from Honduras. Anny taught in Stanley County, North Carolina, and recently furthered her cultural exchange experience by moving to Germany. Anny filled us in on what she has been doing since leaving the program in 2022 and reflected on a few of her fondest memories from her time in the United States. Keep reading to meet or reconnect with Anny.
Reflecting on her experience teaching in the U.S.
Q: What schools did you teach at and when?
A: I taught at Endy Elementary School in Stanley County Schools, N.C. from 2021-22.
Q: What inspired you to apply to teach in the U.S.?
A: To share my culture and learn! I love learning new things and being part of the Ambassador Teacher program was a life-changing experience—I learned so many new things.
Q: What did you enjoy most about your time teaching in the U.S.?
A: The best part about teaching in the U.S. was the opportunity to learn new things and share my Honduran culture.
What life looks like now
Q: Where are you now? Are you living in your home country or elsewhere in the world right now?
A: After the program, I moved to Germany to study the German language and get my master’s degree in literature.
Q: Are you still working in education or have you changed career paths? Please tell us about your current job!
A: After I complete my master’s program in Germany, I plan to return to the classroom as a teacher.
Q: Do you have any other life updates that you would like to share with us and the Participate Learning Network?
A: I’m enjoying life in Germany with my boyfriend and our dog!
Share 3-5 facts about your time teaching in the U.S. Think about favorite memories, travel experiences, special moments, accomplishments, or other things that happened during your time with the program.
- I met so many amazing people who taught me a lot!
- One of my favorite trips was a road trip to Atlanta. I drove with my friends and boyfriend to the Georgia Aquarium and Coca-Cola World. It was just wonderful.
- I saw snow for the first time while in the U.S.!
- My time in the U.S. brought many new experiences including my first Halloween and first Thanksgiving. I loved every single celebration and the decorations and food!
- I was able to travel to the NCCAT campus and be part of a professional development training about teaching Spanish. It was a magnificent experience!
Interested in connecting with Anny and following her journey in Germany? Connect with her on Twitter here.